Information about authors:
- I.M. Kagantsov – Dr.Sc., Professor at the Department of Surgical Diseases, Pitirim Sorokin Syktyvkar State University, Head of Department of Urology, Republican Children’s Clinical Hospital, Syktyvkar, Russia; e-mail: email@example.com
- R.V. Surov – pediatric urologist-andrologist, Regional Children’s Clinical Hospital, Kemerovo, Russia; е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- V.I. Dubrov – PhD, Head of the Department of Urology, the 2nd Children’s Hospital, Minsk, Republic of Belarus; е-mail: email@example.com
- V.G. Svarich – рrofessor at the Department of Surgical Diseases, Pitirim Sorokin Syktyvkar State University, Head of the Department of Surgery, Republican Children’s Clinical Hospital, Syktyvkar, Russia; е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A.V. Golovin – pediatric urologist-andrologist, Republican Children’s Clinical Hospital, Syktyvkar, Russia; е-mail: email@example.com
- Introduction: Treatment of hypospadias is often associated with the great number of complications and, sometimes, multiple failed reoperations. Changing approaches to hypospadias treatment with the review of the attitude towards the urethral plate give new opportunities in resolving this problem
- Materials and methods: Between 2014 and 2017, 105 boys underwent the Graft tubularization of incised urethral plate (GTIP). There were 70 (85.4%) primary patients, previously operated on 12 (14.6%), 45 (54.9%) children with mid shaft form and 37 (45.1%) with the proximal form of hypospadias.The average age of patients at the time ofsurgerywith the mid shaft hypospadias was 49.1 months, with the proximal form 36.9 months.
- Results: In total,we had 24 (29.3%) complications.There were complicationsin 6 (13 %) children afterthe mid shaft repair, that islessthan proximal repair 16 (43.0%).
- Conclusion: The GTIP surgery can be successfully used in childrenwith mid shaft and proximal hypospadias with narrow urethral plate, in case if it was managed to eliminate the penile curvature without its incision.
Authors declare lack of the possible conflicts of interests.